Sunday, July 29, 2007

Perspectives & Beyond

by Ricardo at 18:18
Perspectives

So the other day I was speaking to a Chinese and he started talking about his next job, that he was going to work to Shangai. He tells me "I really don't like big cities. Shangai is too big. I come from small small town. I don't like too many people." So knowing the chinese I ask him where he comes from. "Oh, I come from very small town up north." Well, could you please define small? How many people in your town, I asked. "Oh, very small town. Only 3 million people." :-) I rest my case...

Old Resting Position

China is a country of many and very old traditions and so, I wonder what is the common resting position for the chinese? I was amazed when I saw it but it's really the common way, and they just assume this position like when you go to the woods and there is no WC around, and you really have to go leave a present to mother nature, this is a normal resting position. I've tried a few times to copy it, but I can't hold it more then 5 minutes, but here they stay 30min to 1 hour. Incredible. Just try it... you'll see it's not easy.

Military anyone?

So this week the freshmen (18 years old) started coming to University. The the first thing they do is a 2-week military training course, with no fooling around, plain hardcore, with discipline (imagine 5 thousand military guys going around the university, shouting, parading and running from dusk till dawn). After their initial training, they send them to a camp for learning how to shoot and fight. Remember how many persons in China??? Imagine this country's army, where everyone has to do military. :-0

Cheers,

Ricardo

0 Comments:

<< Home